My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Monday, February 1, 2016

Mixed Media Pendant

The concept of a mixed media pendant or any jewelry had me pretty lost until I started looking into it.  And then it was such a no brainer :)  I got these fabulous bezels in a bag of mixed pieces from a thrift store and I found a nice scrap of paper and stamped the Eiffel Tower and a key with a bargain bin stamp.  The embossing glue, powders, and some tiny seed beads since I didn't have any micro beads (on my wish list!) then heated with a heat gun.  Note: wear a mask or at least have good ventilation as it does produce some nasty fumes!  The final step was putting some Dimensional Magic on top to seal everything including the tiny golden key that came in that thrift store bag.


Come join us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge this month which is "Anything Goes" but must be mixed media or altered art.  You can check out the rules and leave us some of your work to inspire us!

4 comments:

  1. What a super little pendent...loving the seed beads xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fab Nan! The seed beads look great. I love using them too, and prefer them to micro beads! x

    ReplyDelete