My Oz....

This is where Wonderland and the land of Oz meet and play and create! Come join in the fun!

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Yes! It is the 150th Anniversary of Alice in Wonderland! Join Our Blog Hop and Celebrate!


Today we are celebrating the 150th Anniversary of Alice in Wonderland, and what better way to do that, than to share lots of creative projects inspired by this wonderful story.

Not only will you see lots of amazing artwork today, but you can also win prizes from the following amazing companies;







Prize winners will be selected from Random blogs throughout the hop using Random.org to select each winner.  In order to be eligible for a prize you must visit all stops on the hop and leave a comment. The prize draws will be open until July 18th, with winners announced on July 20th.

Here's my Alice in Wonderland inspired project;


Blog Hop List

 This Alice image and the Eat Me image are from I Brake for Stamps and are by Rick St. Dennis.  Colored with Promarkers and some Chameleon markers. 
 I used a tile and glued beads onto the bottom of the tile to make a vanity tray.  The corner elements are air dry clay made with a mold used for an anniversary wedding cake for 
my parents.  I decided I would use it more with clay! :) Colored them with sprays by 
DecoArt, Recollections, and a homemade glitter spray.
I adhered the images with tacky glue and sealed with Ranger brand Multi Medium Matte
and then put the second images I colored: the cup hat, the cupcake, tag, and bottle top on 
foam dots for dimension.  And I added some sead beads for sprinkles on cupcake and some string colored with Distress Inks, tied and glued on the tag.  For her necklace, I cut a piece of chain and hot glued to her blouse and then hot glued on the rabbit charm.
 The sentiments were typed in Photoshop and cut out and sprayed with my light green 
homemade sparkle spray.

Now it is ready to set on my bedroom vanity and I can celebrate Alice everyday! Now off you go to Jenn's blog and leave some love for all who participated in the hop!  It makes them
feel wonderful and YOU can win a wonderful prize from our wonderful sponsors!
Happy crafting and Happy Anniversary Alice and the Gang!!

Entering My Little Whimsical World Challenge "Anything Goes" July

5 comments:

  1. Really awesome Nan! Love the colors, fun stuff!~kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You help me soooo much and I appreciate it! hugsxx

      Delete
  2. Great project. Love the 3D elements and the use of the tile is genius. Thank you for joining us at 'my whimsical little world' and entering our first challenge 'Anything Goes'....I hope you will join us again in the future.

    Hugs
    Lisa MWLW DT Member xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for entering your awesome project in the first My Whimsical Little World challenge. Good luck & hope you will join us again next month!
    Hugs, Renee
    DTmember MWLW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great project, love how you have showcased that image! Thank you for joining us in the My Whimsical Little World monthly challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete